National Opera of Ukraine hosted young dancers from around the world for the main event in the world of dance – Vth International Ballet Festival Grand Prix Kyiv, which took place from March 11 to 13. Each year, the competition expands its geography and gains in popularity. Nearly a hundred young dancers aged 15 to 18 from the 14 countries of the world competed for the title of the best in Kyiv this year, namely: USA, Canada, Germany, Norway, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Austria, Belarus, Turkey, China, South Korea, Japan and Ukraine.
The selection of participants included 3 stages:
1. General class lesson
2. Variation of classical dance
3. Modern choreography
The gala concert took place on March 13, 2019 at 7:00 pm at the National Opera of Ukraine. The participants of the festival were greeted by representatives of the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine and deputy head of the cultural department of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany - Daniel Lisnner.
The prize places among the contestants were distributed unanimously by the jury members.
OLEKSANDRA GRIGORIEVA (Ukraine), who represented the Kyiv State Choreographic School, won the Grand Prix of the competition.
The first prize was shared by YUKI VAKABAYASHI (Germany), ELINA BIDNA (Ukraine), MOTOMI KIYOTA (Germany).
The winners of the second prize were ANNA KSENYK (Ukraine), KAN ALSISEK (Turkey), REN IŠIYAMA (Japan).
The third prize was awarded to KATERYNA MIKLUKHA (Ukraine), JUZEPPE SKARAMUZI (Italy), FRANCHESKO MAZZA (Italy).
Traditionally, the participants received numerous nominees from jury members and festival partners:
• Prize from Michiko Terada - KATERYNA MIKLUKHA, ALEXANDRA GRIGORYEVA, ANNA KSENYK (Ukraine)
• Toshihiko Takahashi Prize - ANNA KSENYK (Ukraine), EMMER LENNIKHAN (Belgium)
• Prize from Siri Aarset Johansson - ALEXANDER ULF ERIC LARSON (Sweden), MARGARITA SIDORKINA (Ukraine), FRANCHESKO MAZZA (Italy), AVALON KIRBI (USA)
• Prize from Olena Filipeyeva - LYMARENKO DIANA (Ukraine), PAOLO P'ERNO (Italy)
• Prize from the jury of the competition ALEXANDER ULF ERIC LARSON (Sweden)
• Prize from Dmitry Magitov - ALEXANDER ULF ERIC LARSEN (Sweden)
• Prize from the State Ballet School in Berlin - ALI EREN (Turkey)
• Prize from the INTERNATIONAL ZOMMA SCHOOL OF DREZDEN - YUKI VAKABAYASHI (Germany), CAN ALSISEC (Turkey)
• Prize from Alberta ballet (Canada) - REN ISHIAUM (Japan), ALEXANDER ULF ERIC LARSON (Sweden), KOVALENKO DENIS (Ukraine), ANASTASIA TOUKINA (Ukraine), ELINA BIDNA (Ukraine), KATERYNA MIKLUKHA (Ukraine)
• Prize from Sergii Bondur - KAN ALSISEK (Turkey), REN ISHIAMA (Japan), OLE YOHANSEN SLATTEBREK (Norway)
• Prize from Ksenia Zvereva - DIANA LYMARENKO (Ukraine)
• Prize from the Grand Prix DE LA DANCE (Italy) - YEVGENIA NICKITINA, POLINA LOSCHILLINA (Ukraine), KATERYNA MIKLUKHA (Ukraine), ALEXANDRA GRIGOREVA (Ukraine)
• Prize from the UNITED WORLD CULTURES FOUNDATION - PHILIPPA ARNTSEN VIK (Norway), KOVALENKO DENIS (Ukraine)
• Prizes from the Grishko Trading House - DONG XI KIM (Korea), LEKSINE PERL EUSEBIO (Canada), GUO ZINAN (China)
• Prizes from the Grand Prix Trading House - ANASTASIA TOKINA (Ukraine).
The gala concert impressed the guests with unforgettable performances of the strongest participants and winners of the contest, and its special decoration was the ballet "Masquerade" by the staging of the star of the world ballet Volodymyr Malakhov performed by the students of the KSBS and the soloists of the National Opera of Ukraine and a large-scale children's play by well-known choreographer Kseniya Zvereva, performed on National Opera's scene at the same time 50 children.